Is it possible to transfer my Office for Mac 2011 to my new iMac?

Is it possible to transfer my Office for Mac 2011 to a new iMac?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 2:32 PM

7 replies

Jun 21, 2023 3:12 PM in response to SouthernILGal

SouthernILGal wrote:

Thanks, do you know what the latest version of Office is?

The latest, and probably last, standalone version is Office 2021.

Poking around Microsoft's website trying to find a link to it for you, it looks like it's no longer possible to even purchase it from Microsoft any more.

Microsoft 365 is your only option. They do offer a less expensive personal subscription now, though I believe the office apps at that level, except for Outlook, are web based only.

May 9, 2024 5:53 AM in response to KiltedTim

KiltedTim wrote:

Microsoft 365 is your only option. They do offer a less expensive personal subscription now, though I believe the office apps at that level, except for Outlook, are web based only.

With the personal subscription ($70/year), or the family subscription ($100/year), you get access to applications that you can run on your "PC, Mac, Chromebook, iPad, iPhone, and Android tablets and phones."

Microsoft – Microsoft 365 Plans

There are Web-based versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint that you can use for free. I'm assuming that there is something about their feature sets, or the experience of using them, that would "encourage" you to upgrade to the subscription applications. Much as most people with Macs prefer to use iCloud Photos via Photos rather than via Safari and the iCloud Web site.

Microsoft – Use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more for free on the web

Is it possible to transfer my Office for Mac 2011 to my new iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.