Apple watch series 6

So, my friend gave me his series 6 watch.

I factory reset it, and tried to link it to my phone. But it says I need to unpaor it from the old phone. Which, neither him or I have..

And he doesn't remember the code.

How do I get past this so I can use it?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 7:00 PM

ItsRealTricky3420 Said:

"Apple watch series 6: So, my friend gave me his series 6 watch. I factory reset it, and tried to link it to my phone. But it says I need to unpaor it from the old phone. Which, neither him or I have.. And he doesn't remember the code. How do I get past this so I can use it?"

-------

:(

Getting a Proof of Purchase:

Where did he purchase it? Contact the seller, requesting the receipt.

1. Go Here: About the purchase date or expiration date for your AppleCare agreement - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "A sales receipt with the receipt number, product description, original date of purchase, price, and reseller details constitutes a valid proof of purchase."
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2023 7:00 PM in response to ItsRealTricky3420

ItsRealTricky3420 Said:

"Apple watch series 6: So, my friend gave me his series 6 watch. I factory reset it, and tried to link it to my phone. But it says I need to unpaor it from the old phone. Which, neither him or I have.. And he doesn't remember the code. How do I get past this so I can use it?"

-------

:(

Getting a Proof of Purchase:

Where did he purchase it? Contact the seller, requesting the receipt.

1. Go Here: About the purchase date or expiration date for your AppleCare agreement - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: "A sales receipt with the receipt number, product description, original date of purchase, price, and reseller details constitutes a valid proof of purchase."

Jun 21, 2023 6:28 PM in response to ItsRealTricky3420

ItsRealTricky3420 Said:

-------

Getting this Set to Factory Settings:

Does this friend of yours have the original receipt? If so, he might be able to get it set anew. Set up a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store.

Apple watch series 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.