Apple TV Artwork data works (sometimes)

Apple TV has come up with a new bug after the latest "upgrade." Apple TV Allows the user to add an image which (theoretically) will be stored in the file. I like to use movie poster images. Since the latest OS upgrade it randomly doesn't work. Drop an image in the "Artwork" data field, finish all data entries: Details, Description (the field that empties itself randomly at random times), Options, etc. Click "OK" and the file gets created and stored in the library. Unfortunately, the image aspect often isn't there. Open the file again in Apple TV and the "Artwork" field is empty. I've even tried deleting the file, importing a new one, then using a different image and sometimes that works, other times it doesn't. It's one of those dumb things that shouldn't matter, but I'm such an obsessive/compulsive that it drives me insane. The only reason I keep trying to use this absurdly ridiculous program is because of my OCD nature I like having detailed metadata capabilities. So, doubting that anyone has a solution to this problem, which I would love to see, i.e. a Terminal solution. I guess I'm hoping to find an alternative program that has this capability and doesn't destroy files you've spent hours to research and notate.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 11:26 PM

Consider embedding meta data through a separate app like Subler.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple TV Artwork data works (sometimes)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.