Update to Mac OS 13.4.1 fails

Hi, I just received the usual "we have an update to 13.4.1 to install" type message. I clicked to restart now to install it. Note, I am currently on 13.4.0. It starts the black screen with apple icon and message that computer will restart in a minute or so message. Then a minute or so later I get the following screen shot:

I chose Update. Again it tries to run the update, black screen Apple icon etc. Then I get this SS:

I select Start Up disk and then get this SS:

I unencrypted my main HD with my password and the system boots back up into my normal environment. Other notes, I have an external monitor attached and a j5 create dock for external HDMI, C, & USB ports attached. Alway have this config when updating OS.

Other details: MacBook Pro 2019 / Ventura 13.4/ 2.8GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7/ 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3/ Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

Any ideas what's wrong? Corrupted download or?

Thanks in advance,

wineflight

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 3:48 AM

Have just performed the 13.4.1 update on an M1 Mac Mini with only a HDMI cabled Directly to External Display

No Docks or External Drives connected by any means ( Dock or Hub involved )

Went through without any hitches or error messages

So suggesting Disconnect un-needed external and try installing from Safe Mode

If an error occurred while updating or installing macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2023 3:48 AM in response to wineflight

Have just performed the 13.4.1 update on an M1 Mac Mini with only a HDMI cabled Directly to External Display

No Docks or External Drives connected by any means ( Dock or Hub involved )

Went through without any hitches or error messages

So suggesting Disconnect un-needed external and try installing from Safe Mode

If an error occurred while updating or installing macOS - Apple Support

Update to Mac OS 13.4.1 fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.