Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Photo Stream

With Photo Stream going away, suppose I don' want all of my photos to go to iCloud. I would only want new photos going forward to be stored in iCloud. I do not want to pay for a bunch of cloud storage that I don't want or need, but I do want recent photos to be shared between devices.

iPad mini 3, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 7:10 AM

When you enable iCloud Photos on your Apple device, it typically syncs and uploads your entire Photos library to iCloud, ensuring that all your photos and videos are available across all your Apple devices linked to the same iCloud account. This synchronization ensures that any changes, additions, or deletions you make to your photo library on one device are reflected on all your other devices.

While you can organize your photos into albums and choose to sync specific albums across your devices, there is no direct option to enable partial syncing or uploading at a granular level, such as selecting individual photos or specific folders to sync. iCloud Photos operates on an all-or-nothing basis for your entire library or selected albums.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2023 7:10 AM in response to youdoug

When you enable iCloud Photos on your Apple device, it typically syncs and uploads your entire Photos library to iCloud, ensuring that all your photos and videos are available across all your Apple devices linked to the same iCloud account. This synchronization ensures that any changes, additions, or deletions you make to your photo library on one device are reflected on all your other devices.

While you can organize your photos into albums and choose to sync specific albums across your devices, there is no direct option to enable partial syncing or uploading at a granular level, such as selecting individual photos or specific folders to sync. iCloud Photos operates on an all-or-nothing basis for your entire library or selected albums.

Photo Stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.