Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to create a childs Apple ID if I have an android based cell phone? I have an Apple ID.

We purchased an iPhone for my daughter, but I do not have an Apple device. How do I create an account off of my Apple Id?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 7:57 PM

If she is young enough to merit a child's account this has to be done under the auspices of Family Sharing I suspect this will absolutely require an Apple device. Follow the instructions in this support article to create an Apple ID for your child - Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

On the off-chance this is an older child, this document explains how to create a new Apple ID (create an Apple Account) --> How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Family Sharing on Android is somewhat limited. Still, Apple says things such as, "How to start and manage your own family group

When you get an Apple Music family subscription, you can start and manage a family group to share your subscription."

in Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2023 7:57 PM in response to mrb83sxt02

If she is young enough to merit a child's account this has to be done under the auspices of Family Sharing I suspect this will absolutely require an Apple device. Follow the instructions in this support article to create an Apple ID for your child - Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

On the off-chance this is an older child, this document explains how to create a new Apple ID (create an Apple Account) --> How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Family Sharing on Android is somewhat limited. Still, Apple says things such as, "How to start and manage your own family group

When you get an Apple Music family subscription, you can start and manage a family group to share your subscription."

in Use Family Sharing with Apple Music on Android - Apple Support

How to create a childs Apple ID if I have an android based cell phone? I have an Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.