Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

The photos that are on my iphone in "Photos" - are they part of Photo Stream or will they still stay on my phone? Are my "albums" within "Photos" going to stay? I guess I don't really understand what "photo stream" is. Thanks for any guidance!

The photos that are on my iphone in "Photos" - are they part of Photo Stream or will they still stay on my phone? Are my "albums" within "Photos" going to stay? I guess I don't really understand what "photo stream" is. Thanks for any guidance!

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 1:20 PM

It would be only the case where you have an album named "My Photo Stream". It would be in the same location as your other albums by going to the Photos app and choosing Albums on the bottom Tab Bar.

It is likely you do not have the My Photo Stream album, then you will not be affected at all. No other Albums in Photos will be changed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2023 1:20 PM in response to cshannon1965

It would be only the case where you have an album named "My Photo Stream". It would be in the same location as your other albums by going to the Photos app and choosing Albums on the bottom Tab Bar.

It is likely you do not have the My Photo Stream album, then you will not be affected at all. No other Albums in Photos will be changed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.