Apple Carplay: Turning on traffic alerts for Apple Maps without route guidance set

Hey all

Is there any way I can have traffic alerts warning me while driving without having the GPS set to a destination?

I.e. I’ll be driving with no navigation set and receive the “speed camera” and “red light camera” alerts.

I noticed apps like Waze do this but much prefer the Apple Maps UI and voice.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2023 11:06 PM

Traffic alerts in Apple Maps are typically triggered when you have an active navigation route and the app detects traffic conditions along the way.

Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."

Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2023 11:06 PM in response to TravisThai

Traffic alerts in Apple Maps are typically triggered when you have an active navigation route and the app detects traffic conditions along the way.

Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."

Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Apple Carplay: Turning on traffic alerts for Apple Maps without route guidance set

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.