I would like the currency of my country in the numbers currency list how do I do that? Antillian Florins (AFLS)

I would like to add the

currency of my country in the numbers currency list how do I do that? Antillian Florins (AFLS)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 4:18 AM

Hello betto1951,

You would need to leave feedback on Numbers to add support - Feedback - Numbers - Apple. What you see there is what is currently supported and only those currencies.

I hope this helps!

7 replies

Jun 25, 2023 4:55 PM in response to betto1951

1. Create a new document
  2. Click on File->Advanced->Language & Region
  3. The language & region will be set to System-whatever your language is. Mine is System-English
  4. Click in that box
  5. Set the language to your language
  6. Click in the region box
  7. Set the region to Curaçao (it is listed under Americas)
  8. Click OK
  9. In a cell in the table, type a number. If you use a decimal number you have to use a comma for the decimal separator because that is part of being set to Curaçao. Numbers align on the right side of cells, text aligns to the left. It should be aligned to the right like numbers are.
  10. Format the cell as currency. The currency it chooses should already be Netherlands Antillean Guilder and you should see "Naf." in the cell.
  11. Copy that cell
  12. Paste it into your original document. It will probably change to ANG. In the list of currencies, Netherlands Antillean Guilder (ANG) will be at the bottom. It will stay there as long as you have one cell that uses it.

Jun 23, 2023 5:16 AM in response to betto1951

That does not appear to be one of the ISO 4217 currency codes. The closest I found was Netherlands Antillean Guilder (ANG), which is in Numbers and can be chosen as a currency if the region is set to Curaçao using File->Advanced->Language & Region. It will appear in the cell as Naf when the region is Curaçao or as ANG if the region is later set to something else.

Change the region to Curaçao, format at least one cell as that currency. Once you have a cell that has that currency in it, you can set the region back to what it had been and that currency will remain on the list as long as at least one cell has a number in it that is using it.

Or, if you won't be using currency conversion or other functions that require it to be a "currency", you can create a custom number format that displays the number the way you want to see it. There is likely to be a florin unicode character you can use. I don't think you can get it to do "accounting style" where the currency symbol is aligned left and the number aligned right but you should be able to create a custom format other than that.

I would like the currency of my country in the numbers currency list how do I do that? Antillian Florins (AFLS)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.