allow icloud data access on web

You killed me, I don't want to activate, but this message keeps appearing on my iPhone

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2024 9:34 AM

SOLVED

I had this issue too. Here's the solution. I had to go to my Mac to engage with the notification. The notification wasn't clickable on my iPhone or iPad. Once I clicked it on my Mac, it stopped continuously sending to my devices.

Here's more details of the issue to help people find this if it's happening to them:

---

I am constantly getting a “Allow iCloud Data Access now on the Web Continue to Settings to turn on iCloud Data Access on the Web” notification on my phone.

I have “access iCloud data on the web” off. Tuesday I went to log into iCloud and it said I have to enable it.

“Good morning, Jason.

iCloud Data Web Access is Off

You turned on Advanced Data Protection. To access data on iCloud.com, you’ll need to turn on web access in iCloud settings on your device.”

There is a button “ Manage on Device” which I clicked and I’ve been receiving that notification ever since.

I’ve enabled, restarted, disabled many times. The notification I get isn’t clickable either. I can only clear it, and it comes back.

I can enable the setting just fine and access iCloud. My issue is this notification continues to arrive whether the setting is on or off.

---

Hope this helps others that encounter this!

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2024 9:34 AM in response to Y0NI

SOLVED

I had this issue too. Here's the solution. I had to go to my Mac to engage with the notification. The notification wasn't clickable on my iPhone or iPad. Once I clicked it on my Mac, it stopped continuously sending to my devices.

Here's more details of the issue to help people find this if it's happening to them:

---

I am constantly getting a “Allow iCloud Data Access now on the Web Continue to Settings to turn on iCloud Data Access on the Web” notification on my phone.

I have “access iCloud data on the web” off. Tuesday I went to log into iCloud and it said I have to enable it.

“Good morning, Jason.

iCloud Data Web Access is Off

You turned on Advanced Data Protection. To access data on iCloud.com, you’ll need to turn on web access in iCloud settings on your device.”

There is a button “ Manage on Device” which I clicked and I’ve been receiving that notification ever since.

I’ve enabled, restarted, disabled many times. The notification I get isn’t clickable either. I can only clear it, and it comes back.

I can enable the setting just fine and access iCloud. My issue is this notification continues to arrive whether the setting is on or off.

---

Hope this helps others that encounter this!

Jun 23, 2023 5:17 AM in response to Y0NI

Hello Y0NI,

This setting is completely optional. You can disable it if you don't want it or you can keep it enabled if you do. Obviously the benefit of this, is only your Apple devices, logged into your Apple ID, can access your data. The downside is if you're using Windows, or other computers/hardware, to access your Apple ID. Where are you receiving alerts / messages to activate / deactivate this?

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap on your Your Name (Apple ID)
  3. Tap on iCloud
  4. Scroll down to the bottom

You can control this setting with the Access iCloud Data on the Web.

I hope this helps!

allow icloud data access on web

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.