I have forgot my firmware password how can i reset it?

Basically i was just about to update my macos through internet suddenly it just cancelled and locked by firmware password so now what can i do ?

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 9:56 AM

HasanAhmed_ wrote:

Basically i was just about to update my macos through internet suddenly it just cancelled and locked by firmware password so now what can i do ?

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider ( Find Locations )

Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 9:56 AM in response to HasanAhmed_

HasanAhmed_ wrote:

If you forgot your firmware password

If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider ( Find Locations )

Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase.

I have forgot my firmware password how can i reset it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.