Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Replying to questions and answers

Hi, I am new here and signed in to be able to join in a discussion. However, the blue ‘reply button under the discussion I wanted to join appears to be unavailable (faded and doesn’t react on pressing). Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Thanks.

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 10:06 AM

Hello Loublyloubylou!

It may also be that the thread is “locked” due to inactivity. So if a thread doesn’t have any replies for so and so long, it locks, and we can’t rely to it.

It may be in your best interests to read this: How to use Apple Support Communities

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

10 replies

Jun 23, 2023 1:58 PM in response to Loubyloubylou

You can use two Helpful’s and one Best Answer per thread (that you started.)

On a thread you didn’t start, you can use 2 Helpful’s too.

You used one helpful on my post, and your other Helpful and Best Answer for one of your own posts.

After marking a post Best Answer, you cannot mark it Helpful. However, you can mark it Helpful, and then Best Answer, to award the person an extra 5 points.

Having said that, most people here aren’t worried about points, we are just as contented with a thank you!

Jun 24, 2023 8:24 AM in response to Loubyloubylou

You are most welcome!

I also tried to hit the helpful button on your reply but that doesn’t work either

Another of today's new threads reported issues with the number of "Helpful" options available, so you may have encountered a forum bug. It's been reported to our Hosts (moderators).

I guess I have a lot to learn…..

You are doing fine. The biggest lesson to learn here is "there will be glitches!." Apple forums are so huge that commercial forum "framework" software can't handle the volume, so this is a bespoke system.

Replying to questions and answers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.