Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

How do I lock the volume on iPad 15.5?

Does anyone know how to limit the volume control for music and videos for iPad 15 or higher? My autistic son cranks up the volume to an unacceptable level and it disturbs the other people greatly (including others with hearing sensitivities or other disabilities) leading to behavioral conflicts when they try to take the iPad away from him.

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 4:17 PM

Your query follows a common theme in seeking a method to limit the iPad volume. You are not the first parent to seek this control - and are unlikely to be the last. Unfortunately, iPadOS does not have a setting or mechanism to restrict the audio volume.

Apple does invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. If you would like to see this feature included within a future version of iPadOS, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make such a request:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 4:17 PM in response to tlacy

Your query follows a common theme in seeking a method to limit the iPad volume. You are not the first parent to seek this control - and are unlikely to be the last. Unfortunately, iPadOS does not have a setting or mechanism to restrict the audio volume.

Apple does invite submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. If you would like to see this feature included within a future version of iPadOS, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make such a request:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

How do I lock the volume on iPad 15.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.