Dark Sky App Cost Money But now its not available

I payed for the dark sky app only for apple to buy it out and make it into there own crappy version of the once great app. So do i get a refund now that I cant use what i purchased? I can use another similar app created by apple but not the one I payed money for! Apple bought dark sky, then I should be getting my 5.99$ back from apple.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 3:30 PM

But anyone can request a refund. At worst, Support says no. Call Support and see if you can make your case!

World-wide Apple Support -

Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK)

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.4;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.5; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 3:30 PM in response to dionneaj20

But anyone can request a refund. At worst, Support says no. Call Support and see if you can make your case!

World-wide Apple Support -

Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK)

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.4;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.5; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.5; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Jun 23, 2023 11:56 AM in response to dionneaj20

Many, many pieces of software I've bought over the years are no longer supported. For example, some very nifty software for my Newton. Or a game I loved called "Pegleg". That's just the way it works.

All sales from the App Store are considered final. Under some circumstances, you may be eligible for a refund on an exception basis. But, as the company that you paid that money to no longer exists and because there was no flaw in the software nor likelihood that your toddler bought it by accident, I doubt you'd have a case.

Dark Sky App Cost Money But now its not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.