Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

What does “Current period” mean in Cellular Data usage

Is the current period my billing period or is it usage since I bought the phone?

Personal Hotspot data has data carrying over from last month’s billing period. I can tell by the devices listed, I know the exact dates they were connected.

So how is this information compiled and is the carrier supposed to send a reset signal to start again from zero?

Nothing makes sense. I get 40GB per month, and my cellular service shows I used 13GB in May, and only 1GB so far in June.

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 12:59 PM

On my phone, I have to reset the cellular data on my billing date if I want it to reflect my usage from the billing period. As I have unlimited data, I've never done that so "Current Period" is at least as long as I've owned the phone (don't know if data carried over from the last phone).

I've seen other people report that there is some sort of automatic carrier reset. So, perhaps it varies by carrier.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 12:59 PM in response to Lizzardnotwizard

On my phone, I have to reset the cellular data on my billing date if I want it to reflect my usage from the billing period. As I have unlimited data, I've never done that so "Current Period" is at least as long as I've owned the phone (don't know if data carried over from the last phone).

I've seen other people report that there is some sort of automatic carrier reset. So, perhaps it varies by carrier.

What does “Current period” mean in Cellular Data usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.