Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Epson XP-640 printer from iPad

My Wife just got a new iPad, and I'm trying to set it up so she can print to my XP-640 through our Wi-Fi system.. I was surprised that it recognized the printer without any additional software. The problem is, it will only print small paper (A4 or 4X6) from Tray 1. I can't seem to change things so it will print letter size from Tray 2. It shows letter size but goes to tray 1. Anybody experienced this? Thanks.

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2023 3:00 PM

Start here:

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

When using AirPrint, the available print options - including page size - are advertised by your printer. When using the print dialogue on your iPad, you can only select from the advertised options.

Some printers can detect the media that is loaded in one or more of its paper trays, others may have settings that must be set from the printers controls, by accessing a built-in web server using a web browser, or using a companion App supplied by the printer manufacturer. By example, HP’s AirPrint printers can be managed using the HP Smart App.

Epson has a similar utility Apps - Epson Print and Epson Smart Panel.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2023 3:00 PM in response to TaildraggerPilot

Start here:

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

When using AirPrint, the available print options - including page size - are advertised by your printer. When using the print dialogue on your iPad, you can only select from the advertised options.

Some printers can detect the media that is loaded in one or more of its paper trays, others may have settings that must be set from the printers controls, by accessing a built-in web server using a web browser, or using a companion App supplied by the printer manufacturer. By example, HP’s AirPrint printers can be managed using the HP Smart App.

Epson has a similar utility Apps - Epson Print and Epson Smart Panel.

Epson XP-640 printer from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.