iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 7:01 AM

Hello tiyona96,

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll down and tap on Passwords
  3. Tap on the + icon in the top right

From here, the password should be filled in automatically (It will generate a random and strong password). You will need to add the website and the username you wish to save. You can also add Notes, this can be a good way to leave notes on what the account is. I also use it to leave hints for security questions as it's secured and locked behind my Apple ID.

Alternatively, when you create an account on a website Keychain will ask if you wish to save the newly created account to Keychain.

Once you create the password within Keychain, you can also set up a Verification Code (if the website supports it). This adds an additional level of security by needed a code before logging into your account. Keychain should autofill this when logging in on the website so you don't need to open Settings again (just like how it auto fills credentials on websites).

I hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2023 7:01 AM in response to tiyona96

Hello tiyona96,

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll down and tap on Passwords
  3. Tap on the + icon in the top right

From here, the password should be filled in automatically (It will generate a random and strong password). You will need to add the website and the username you wish to save. You can also add Notes, this can be a good way to leave notes on what the account is. I also use it to leave hints for security questions as it's secured and locked behind my Apple ID.

Alternatively, when you create an account on a website Keychain will ask if you wish to save the newly created account to Keychain.

Once you create the password within Keychain, you can also set up a Verification Code (if the website supports it). This adds an additional level of security by needed a code before logging into your account. Keychain should autofill this when logging in on the website so you don't need to open Settings again (just like how it auto fills credentials on websites).

I hope this helps!

Save new passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.