Apple Music only playing some songs

Hi,

I’ve recently added my partner to my family plan and shared my Apple Music subscription. The problem we’re having after setting everything up is that only some songs play. This is the same with steaming or if the music has been downloaded to their device. Some songs play but most don’t. I’m really struggling to find out what the issue is.

Thanks.

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 10:34 AM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2023 2:54 PM in response to MoleyPie

Hi MoleyPie,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand most songs won't play after adding your partner to your Apple Music subscription under Family Sharing. These steps may help:

1. Check the System Status page for service issues related to Apple Music.
  2. If using cellular data, make sure that Settings > Music > Cellular Data is turned on.
  3. Test to see if the issue occurs on another network. For example, if you're using Wi-Fi try over cellular data.
  4. Test to see if the issue occurs on another device if possible to help isolate the issue.
  5. If the issue occurs on one device, these steps may help:
    1. Navigate to Settings > Music and turn off Sync Library.
    2. Restart the device.
    3. In Settings > Music, turn on Sync Library again.
    4. Test to see if the issue persists.
  6. Sign out of Settings > Apple ID > Media & Purchases, then sign back in. For cloud library, turn on Settings > Music > Sync Library again, and test.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Apple Music only playing some songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.