Why do I have to yell three Times in my car before Siri responds to an incoming text?

Why do I have to yell three times in my car before Siri responds to an incoming text? Thank you.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 5:27 PM

Hi Sarakali3,

If the steps in If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone - Apple Support have not helped, we'd like to look into this further.

Does this only occur when using Siri in your vehicle? If so, are you using CarPlay? While you're experiencing something a bit different, the steps here can often resolve issues between your iPhone and CarPlay: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, let's confirm that the microphones on your iPhone are working without issue using: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

If the same behavior occurs, let us know if you're connected via Bluetooth or wired connection. Also, if using a case with your device, does removing it help? We ask because when the iPhone is sitting in the vehicle, the microphones may be covered which could cause this behavior.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 5:27 PM in response to Sarakali3

Hi Sarakali3,

If the steps in If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone - Apple Support have not helped, we'd like to look into this further.

Does this only occur when using Siri in your vehicle? If so, are you using CarPlay? While you're experiencing something a bit different, the steps here can often resolve issues between your iPhone and CarPlay: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, let's confirm that the microphones on your iPhone are working without issue using: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

If the same behavior occurs, let us know if you're connected via Bluetooth or wired connection. Also, if using a case with your device, does removing it help? We ask because when the iPhone is sitting in the vehicle, the microphones may be covered which could cause this behavior.

Cheers.

Sep 24, 2023 3:24 PM in response to ManJor

Hi Manjor. Thanks ever so much for your reply. Firstly, I’m not connected to the car with Bluetooth. I get into the car and plug my cell phone directly into the console. And I never have anything covering the cellphones’ speaker it’s always clear. I have to continue yelling at Siri and giving her my reply three times before she will send it out. I don’t understand what’s happening. I’ll get back to you just as soon as I follow your other suggestions.

Please let me explain why it took so long to get back to you. I didn’t have access to my E-Mail account where Apple sent your reply. From now on, I’ll send myself a text with this page so I’ll know where to find my question again.

Once more, thank you for your lengthy reply. I really appreciate it.

Have a blessed weekend.

Elena

Why do I have to yell three Times in my car before Siri responds to an incoming text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.