How to turn off itunes confirmation on AppleTV

Does anyone know how to turn off the confirm on other devices when making purchases on AppleTV?

My wife and I have family sharing and her account is on the AppleTV. It would be nice to be able to buy or rent movies without the added unnecessary confirmations.

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 7:23 PM

Confirming purchases with mobile is optional. You can also enter credentials manually with the remote (select Confirm with Password).

Purchases will be linked to the active Apple ID account as set for the Apple TV box. If wanted, a household may have multiple accounts on the device to switch between.

The password requirement for purchases can be disabled completely, but I would advise against that to avoid accidental purchases, when just checking out a title.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2023 7:23 PM in response to JeremytheJedi

Confirming purchases with mobile is optional. You can also enter credentials manually with the remote (select Confirm with Password).

Purchases will be linked to the active Apple ID account as set for the Apple TV box. If wanted, a household may have multiple accounts on the device to switch between.

The password requirement for purchases can be disabled completely, but I would advise against that to avoid accidental purchases, when just checking out a title.

How to turn off itunes confirmation on AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.