Please I forgot my 28 recovery key

I forgot my 28 recovery key

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 12:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 12:19 AM

See -> Related Article: How to generate a recovery key

⤵️

• Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.

👉 Generate a recovery key

You can generate a new recovery key from Settings or System Preferences on a trusted device signed in with your Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 12:19 AM in response to Starnybt

See -> Related Article: How to generate a recovery key

⤵️

• Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.

👉 Generate a recovery key

You can generate a new recovery key from Settings or System Preferences on a trusted device signed in with your Apple ID.

Jun 25, 2023 8:02 AM in response to Starnybt

- "You can generate a new recovery key from Settings or System Preferences on a trusted device signed in with your Apple ID." See the article for details about how to do this on different types of equipment (Apple equipment only).

- If you forget your Apple ID password and do not know your recovery key, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode.

- When you generate a recovery key, you can't use the standard procedure for account recovery as outlined in this support article --> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support .

- "Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

- Read the article for more details.

Please I forgot my 28 recovery key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.