How to change language on a purchased series on Apple TV?

If I buy “How I met your mother” it's only available in German - despite its saying below in the info box that English is available… there is no option to change the language in the video file nor in the general settings of AppleTV (is set to English). How can I purchase a version of the original?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

PlayStation4Pro,

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 7:49 AM

In Germany (i.e. for German accounts), select TV show seasons may be available as separate store items for language support. If you buy the German dubbed edition, then original language is not available. If you buy the original language editions, then German is not available. They are separate items to purchase. The may also be an additional edition with subtitles.

If you accidentally purchases the unwanted edition, then contact the iTunes Store staff to rectify that. They should be able to undo the unintended purchase and guide you to the correct one.

You may recognize the various editions by their details, such as Staffel vs Season vs Season (subtitled), and the language of the description. The editions may appear as copies with very similar cover art.

If the Apple TV app doesn’t show you these 23 items for this show, then consider making this purchase through the iTunes Store app on iPhone or iPad, if you have that.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 7:49 AM in response to Groucho-Marx

In Germany (i.e. for German accounts), select TV show seasons may be available as separate store items for language support. If you buy the German dubbed edition, then original language is not available. If you buy the original language editions, then German is not available. They are separate items to purchase. The may also be an additional edition with subtitles.

If you accidentally purchases the unwanted edition, then contact the iTunes Store staff to rectify that. They should be able to undo the unintended purchase and guide you to the correct one.

You may recognize the various editions by their details, such as Staffel vs Season vs Season (subtitled), and the language of the description. The editions may appear as copies with very similar cover art.

If the Apple TV app doesn’t show you these 23 items for this show, then consider making this purchase through the iTunes Store app on iPhone or iPad, if you have that.

How to change language on a purchased series on Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.