You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Apple Wallet

problem with Wallet...first of all it's my fault !...i had an SE2020 and had wallet set up with all my cards and everything was beautiful...just bought an iPhone 14 basic...the SE prompted me to back up to the Icloud so i could down load all my preferences to the new phone...OK everything went fine but when i opened the wallet app it had put my apple card as the default card, on the SE i had my rewards card from my bank as default, this is where things went south...i had a brain fart and forgot where to go at the time to switch which card you want as default...so i deleted the card and tried to add back but now it won't let me...i even deleted from the SE and still the 14 would not accept but the SE let me add back...I've called my bank twice and apple once...they both say it's the other's fault...i am still using the SE at work only for music and news and for taking pictures at work daily of products we ship on a daily basis...i have removed the sim card and all non essential apps and only use WiFi...the SE works beautifully, i can listen to the news and take pics at same time, this is why i purchased the 14...as i said it's my doing that caused this but would like to use wallet on the 14...has anyone ever run across such an issue ???...anyone have any suggestions to correct this ???...i still want to use the SE at work but don't want to carry 2 phones just to use wallet on the SE when not at work, surely there is a way to use both at same time for such things..thanks to anyone who can figure this out...i hate to call apple and my bank again,it's so time consuming.

[Re-titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 8:04 AM

22 replies

Jun 25, 2023 10:53 AM in response to just-an-old-apple

OK, a few questions.

1. Is your region on iPhone set to US? If no, switch to US, restart your iPhone and try adding cards. If yes, switch to another region then switch back to US. This may be an issue of you have active subscriptions etc, so just restart the iPhone.
  2. What iOS version is your iPhone on?
  3. Have you setup Apple Cash yet? If not, set it up and verify your account?
  4. Are you logged into the Apple ID that you used to open the Apple Card? If no, log out of the account and log back into your other account. Restart your iPhone.

If you need directions for any of the above, let me know and I’ll supply links to support articles with step by step instructions.

Jun 25, 2023 12:54 PM in response to just-an-old-apple

At this point, you’ve gone through the all the steps except the more extreme. Next would be delete all the cards from all the Wallets the cards are on, delete the Wallet app and then re-add the app and see where it goes. Unfortunately, it may be an issue that’s not fixed for several months until the next iPhone iOS is released. I don’t encourage anyone to try beta releases. There is no support for devices on beta software.

You haven’t mention much about the bank that issued the card? Can you identify the bank? What exactly did Apple support ask you to do?

Jun 25, 2023 2:33 PM in response to Jeff Donald

Navy Federal… They said it’s an Apple issue… Apple said it’s the credit unions issue… I carry the AC with me to and from work but not on the weekends… All of this is my fault because I was too impatient with getting the new phone set up and got flustered… So I guess I’ll have to live with it… Thanks for spending most of your time today trying to help, I really appreciate it. I thought I was going to get it fixed.

Problems with Apple Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.