Who should use HomeKit and Matter accessory?

Who should use HomeKit Matter accessory?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 5:04 PM

Hello AnnieSucczes,

HomeKit are for those that want to automate products/accessories within their home and have the security and privacy of iPhone and other Apple devices.

Matter is a new framework that, long story short, says you can no longer be just "Works with HomeKit," "Work with Amazon Home." If your Matter certified you work with all home architectures. This makes it simple on the consumer, but Matter is still fairly new so they're might not be a lot of products on the market yet.

If you have some more specific questions, I'll be happy to assist!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2023 5:04 PM in response to AnnieSucczes

Hello AnnieSucczes,

HomeKit are for those that want to automate products/accessories within their home and have the security and privacy of iPhone and other Apple devices.

Matter is a new framework that, long story short, says you can no longer be just "Works with HomeKit," "Work with Amazon Home." If your Matter certified you work with all home architectures. This makes it simple on the consumer, but Matter is still fairly new so they're might not be a lot of products on the market yet.

If you have some more specific questions, I'll be happy to assist!

Aug 18, 2023 6:34 AM in response to pjswiz

Hello, so I'm using HomeKit, gradually adding to it. What I'm looking at now is a suitable security alarm setup. A possibility is the Abode Iota security; works with HomeKit, according to Abode. Is there anybody out there that has added an alarm system to HomeKit, internal and/or external, that works! I want an alarm system that will work within HomeKit, and can be armed/disarmed from Home. I've been trying to get a reply from Abode, but so far without success. It doesn't have to be Abode of course, any that will work; I'm based in the UK. Thanks, Mitch.

Who should use HomeKit and Matter accessory?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.