Deleting unresponsive app.

When trying to delete an unresponsive app, I never get the second “delete app” option. My only option is “remove from Home Screen “ or Cancel

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 12:15 PM

14 replies

Jun 25, 2023 5:17 PM in response to corry161

corry161 Said:

"Deleting unresponsive app.: When trying to delete an unresponsive app, I never get the second 'delete app' option. My only option is 'remove from Home Screen ' or Cancel"

-------

Deleting an Unresponsive App:

OK, so what's the app? If a built in app, you may or more not be able to delete it. So, report back if it is shown here: Delete Built-In Apple Apps from your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch – Apple Support. If it is not shown, then it cannot be deleted.

Jun 25, 2023 7:38 PM in response to corry161

corry161 Said:

"Deleting unresponsive app.: Non-Apple. Home video cam app (Yi Home)that just shows a black screen when opened. I’ve tried all the prerequisites as prescribed by Apple. Deleting the app is the next step."

-------

Deleting an Unresponsive App:

Close All Apps:

An app may be running th the background. So, close all apps. Hold you finger down as you swipe up from the bottom-left corner, to the top-right corner. Then, close all of these open apps, by swiping up quickly for each app. Once all is closed, try this once. ore.

Deleting unresponsive app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.