Maps lately, in driving mode, does not show the streets clearly at all. Only the street names.

For some reason the background of streets on the Maps app is exceedingly light. You cannot see the street outlines. Only the street names are dark enough to be legible. Please see sample screenshot attached.

I'm sure it's a simple setting adjustment. What is it?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 7:32 AM

Steven Weinberg1 wrote:

For some reason the background of streets on the Maps app is exceedingly light. You cannot see the street outlines. Only the street names are dark enough to be legible. Please see sample screenshot attached.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/d888dd45-4689-4402-8248-7b74be44c0a2

I would simply try back at a later time or day if there is some server lag, or rendering issue in your location...

You can try a different mapping app and compare your results.

You can submit your feedback—submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

I see no wide spread issue in the maps server:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2023 7:32 AM in response to Steven Weinberg1

Steven Weinberg1 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/d888dd45-4689-4402-8248-7b74be44c0a2

I would simply try back at a later time or day if there is some server lag, or rendering issue in your location...

You can try a different mapping app and compare your results.

You can submit your feedback—submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

I see no wide spread issue in the maps server:

Maps lately, in driving mode, does not show the streets clearly at all. Only the street names.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.