Apple Watch faces - Specific Pilot-friendly face Not Available

I am a pilot and would love to see an Apple Watch face that shows (1) a clearly lighted and labeled analog face with a clear sweep second hand (a legal requirement for some phases of flight), (2) a clear digital readout of Zulu/UTC time (hh:mm format for flight log entries), and (3) a readable digital stopwatch (larger than the micro-readouts on the chrono's) for additional computations.

All that could also leave enough space for 1 or 2 complications, e.g. temp, battery remaining, calculator, etc).

Any other pilots out there like this idea?

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 6:05 AM

Hello jayb1484!

Unfortunately, Apple won’t see your comments here.

To make sure Apple does see your ideas and concerns, please tell them within this link: Product Feedback - Apple.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

3 replies

Jun 25, 2023 7:11 PM in response to jayb1484

Customize the watch face

Personalize your Apple Watch Ultra face so it looks the way you want and provides the functions you need. Choose a design, adjust colors and features, then add it to your collection. Switch faces at any time to see the right timekeeping tools—or to shake things up.

The Face Gallery in the Apple Watch app is the easiest way to see all of the available watch faces, customize one, and add it to your collection. But, if your iPhone isn’t handy, you can customize the face right on your watch. For more information, see Apple Watch Ultra faces and their features.

Choose a different watch face

• Swipe edge to edge across the watch face to see other faces in your collection.
  • To see all available watch faces, touch and hold the watch face, swipe to the one you want, then tap it.

Add complications to the watch face

You can add special features—called complications—to some watch faces, so you can instantly check things like stock prices, the weather report, or information from other apps you installed.

1. With the watch face showing, touch and hold the display, then tap Edit.
  2. Swipe left all the way to the end.
  3. If a face offers complications, they’re shown on the last screen.
  4. Tap a complication to select it, then turn the Digital Crown to choose a new one—Activity or Heart Rate, for example.
  5. When you’re finished, press the Digital Crown to save your changes, then tap the face to switch to it.

Some apps you get from the App Store also include complications.

Add a watch face to your collection

Create your own collection of custom faces—even variations of the same design.

1. With the current watch face showing, touch and hold the display.
  2. Swipe left all the way to the end, then tap the New button (+).
  3. Turn the Digital Crown to browse watch faces, then tap Add.
  4. Tip: Tap a collection such as New in watchOS to browse a specific category of watch faces.

After you add it, you can customize the watch face.

View your collection

You can see all your watch faces at a glance.

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap My Watch, then swipe through your collection below My Faces.

To rearrange the order of your collection, tap Edit, then drag  next to a watch face up or down.

Delete a face from your collection

1. With the current watch face showing, touch and hold the display.
  2. Swipe to the face you don’t want, then swipe it up and tap Remove.

Or, on your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, tap My Watch, then tap Edit in the My Faces area. Tap  next to the watch faces you want to delete, then tap Remove.

You can always add the watch face again later.

Set the watch ahead

1. Open the Settings app  on your Apple Watch Ultra.
  2. Tap Clock.
  3. Tap +0 min, then turn the Digital Crown to set the watch ahead by as much as 59 minutes.

This setting changes only the time shown on the watch face—it doesn’t affect alarms, times in notifications, or any other times (such as World Clock).

Customize the watch face - Apple Support (NZ)

Jun 26, 2023 5:47 AM in response to MyMacComputr

I do thank you for the detailed ops lesson on the Apple Watch, however it did not address (1) that I am suggesting that Apple might consider offering a specialized watch face for pilots, created by a pro and added to the listing of faces available, and (2) the "complication" that I would want/need most on the suggestion for pilot clock face (Zulu/UTC) does not even exist as a complication, and even if it was offered as a complication, it would become a "micro-readout" and not be prominent (this refers to the request of:

"(1) a clearly lighted and labeled analog face with a clear sweep second

hand (a legal requirement for some phases of flight), (2) a clear <larger than a

'complication'> digital readout of Zulu/UTC time (hh:mm format for flight log entries)"

I am still hopeful that Apple or a face creator would create and offer such a Watch Face...

Apple Watch faces - Specific Pilot-friendly face Not Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.