Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Mac wifi keeps dropping for no reason

My wifi keeps dropping for no reason, I have 2 other computers and all other devices without any issues with home wifi.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 3:19 PM

If your network is using the 2.4Ghz band, then I recommend creating a 5Ghz only band on your router and forgetting the other network and join the new network. The type of network is dictated by the router and many are still using the older 2.4Ghz band. It is easily congested with multiple devices that cause interference and problems with dropping Wi-Fi.

You can verify the band that is being used from your Mac by holding the Option key and clicking the WiFi icon in the menu bar. The band will be shown under Channel.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2023 3:19 PM in response to badboyheis

If your network is using the 2.4Ghz band, then I recommend creating a 5Ghz only band on your router and forgetting the other network and join the new network. The type of network is dictated by the router and many are still using the older 2.4Ghz band. It is easily congested with multiple devices that cause interference and problems with dropping Wi-Fi.

You can verify the band that is being used from your Mac by holding the Option key and clicking the WiFi icon in the menu bar. The band will be shown under Channel.

Mac wifi keeps dropping for no reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.