Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

What will then happen to Shared Albums after the My Photo Stream shutdown?

What will then happen to the pictures in Shared Albums after the My Photo Stream shutdown on 07/26/23?

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 5:10 AM

My Photo Stream and Shared albums are different services. My Photo Stream is independent of Shared albums, so nothing will happen to the photos in Shared albums.

Apple has not announced any plans with respect to Shared albums. There is currently no alternative offered by Apple to Shared albums.

On macOS 13 Ventura and iOS 16 we can now share a complete library, but only within our Family SHaring group, not with other friends or users without Apple Devices.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 5:10 AM in response to tanoi

My Photo Stream and Shared albums are different services. My Photo Stream is independent of Shared albums, so nothing will happen to the photos in Shared albums.

Apple has not announced any plans with respect to Shared albums. There is currently no alternative offered by Apple to Shared albums.

On macOS 13 Ventura and iOS 16 we can now share a complete library, but only within our Family SHaring group, not with other friends or users without Apple Devices.

What will then happen to Shared Albums after the My Photo Stream shutdown?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.