Memoji no longer animated

Sadly my Memoji isn't animated on startup any more, though it was fine until now. Is this to do with the latest update (updated to Ventura 13.4.1)? I have gone through re-selecting my Memoji but no joy.

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 5:04 AM

This resource and doing it in a specific flow actually worked for me. Here are the steps for anyone trying to figure out the same.

System Preferences -> User & Groups -> Select the Account on the left -> Click on the account picture on the right -> Now create a new Memoji or select an existing one you have already created. -> Adjust Zoom, Pose and Style -> Click Save. -> Lock the screen and see for yourself If the Memoji is animated.

Note: If you see a square border around your Memoji preview in the bottom left, you probably have to start over.

Memoji not animated on MacBook Air (2020)… - Apple Community

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 5:04 AM in response to cp-me_626

This resource and doing it in a specific flow actually worked for me. Here are the steps for anyone trying to figure out the same.

System Preferences -> User & Groups -> Select the Account on the left -> Click on the account picture on the right -> Now create a new Memoji or select an existing one you have already created. -> Adjust Zoom, Pose and Style -> Click Save. -> Lock the screen and see for yourself If the Memoji is animated.

Note: If you see a square border around your Memoji preview in the bottom left, you probably have to start over.

Memoji not animated on MacBook Air (2020)… - Apple Community

Memoji no longer animated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.