Getting "no home hubs responding” when trying to access on my Mac mini

I have three homehubs, a single, and a pair. These are working normally, but I get the 'no home hubs responding' on my mac mini (2012, OSX 10.15.7) . A couple of weeks ago it was fine. The app works fine on a macbook and on phone and ipad. No obvious reason for this lack of response on the mini. On advice elsewhere, I have deleted the Home App library files and restarted - made no difference. Puzzling because it was working fine until recently.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2024 4:14 PM

Same issue started yesterday for me as well. My home no longer recognizes any "Home Hubs" therefore my automations on indoor lights do not work. Devices are ALL updated to latest versions, so that is not the issue.

Please tell me I do not have to reset everything. That would be extremely frustrating to say the least. I have 3 Apple Tv's, 4 homepods, 2 Macbooks,and 4 Iphones in the house.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2024 4:14 PM in response to Shamu72

Same issue started yesterday for me as well. My home no longer recognizes any "Home Hubs" therefore my automations on indoor lights do not work. Devices are ALL updated to latest versions, so that is not the issue.

Please tell me I do not have to reset everything. That would be extremely frustrating to say the least. I have 3 Apple Tv's, 4 homepods, 2 Macbooks,and 4 Iphones in the house.

Mar 25, 2024 8:37 PM in response to Freshieturn

Same issue presented itself to me this evening. No explanation. All of my 3 Apple TVs are connected to the network and signed into my account. I can control my Apple TVs on my phone so they are definitely online. All have been rebooted. Home app says none of them are online. Can’t add any new devices to home because of this. APPLE WE NEED A FIX

Mar 4, 2024 4:17 PM in response to tiedbowtie

I have 7 devices that are home hubs and none of them are responding. I’ve checked so that they are all updated, I’ve rebooted them all, I’ve upgraded firmware on my network and rebooted all routers in the network. Still same issue and it causes all of my Hue lights to act up in a wierd way. Not responding from time to time, not lighting up to set power or light temperature.

please advice Apple

Apr 10, 2024 3:14 PM in response to saffeldt1133

Affected here too. 6 HomePods not responding as hubs (combination of HomePod minis and 2nd gen HomePod), and 2 Apple TVs 4Ks not responding too; however 1 Apple TV 4K remains a connected hub strangely, so automations still work, but not enough resilience with just one available. Gone through all apple Level 1 support, between router restarts, device restarts, and even reset a HomePod back to factory, to no avail. All software’s up to date on devices and IOS - still remains a mystery. Beginning to wonder if HomeKit infra is fit-for-purpose to deliver smart home stability.

Any solution suggestions very much appreciated!

Jun 28, 2023 12:42 PM in response to tiedbowtie

Hi tiedbowtie,

Thanks for connecting with us here in Apple Support Communities. Let's make sure that all your devices are updated and running the latest software. Please also have a look at this article as it may help to address the issue you're facing: Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

If your home hub isn't working as expected
* Check that your HomePodHomePod miniApple TV, or iPad is up to date. 
* Make sure that the user signed in to iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV is the primary Home app user, and not an invited user. 
* Turn on iCloud Keychain and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
* Check that the device that you set up as a home hub is in your home, connected to your home Wi-Fi network, and powered on.

Take care.

Mar 29, 2024 7:53 AM in response to tiedbowtie

I was able to get this working but it wasn't easy. I will lay out the steps in the hopes it might help someone avoid my pain. I have three apple tvs in my home.

1. Reboot all three devices by cycling the power.
  2. Sign out and REMOVE USER FROM DEVICE iCloud account (this is the important piece).
  3. Sign out of home sharing.
  4. reboot iphone
  5. reboot router
  6. Sign back in to icloud account and home sharing. You will have to put your iphone next to each apple tv.

Mar 28, 2024 5:51 PM in response to tiedbowtie

I am getting this now but only on my iPhone when on cellular and not wifi. The iPhone is running 17.4.1. My iPad is running 17.4 and while it takes a few moments, the iPad allows me to control my home just fine on cellular away from home. Did something change? I tried restarting all my HomePods both physically by pulling the plug and by restarting them in the home app.

Everything works fine while on home wifi with my iPhone but away from I just get the message that no hubs are available.

Getting "no home hubs responding” when trying to access on my Mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.