Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iphone difficulties

Why does my iphone ring only 3.5 times?

How do I turn off Live Captions on my iphone?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 7:58 PM

Live Captions and Live Photos are different.

Are you are wanting yo use Live captions with FaceTime? It is still in beta and not released. That is stated in this Apple article:

Turn on Live Captions in a FaceTime call on iPhone - Apple Support

as well as this one:

Use FaceTime with your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 7:58 PM in response to Janice_0110

Live Captions and Live Photos are different.

Are you are wanting yo use Live captions with FaceTime? It is still in beta and not released. That is stated in this Apple article:

Turn on Live Captions in a FaceTime call on iPhone - Apple Support

as well as this one:

Use FaceTime with your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Jun 27, 2023 8:05 PM in response to Janice_0110

Why does my iphone ring only 3.5 times?

Because your carrier is telling the phone to only ring 3.x times. Remember, your carrier is controlling the phone function on your device. Apple is not involved here.

For example, AT&T allows a user to set the number of rings from 1 (6 seconds) to 6 rings (36 seconds)

Check with your carrier to see what options they can offer to you......so you can control things. The phone will do exactly what you tell it to do.

Jun 27, 2023 7:53 PM in response to Janice_0110

Hi there,

welcome to apple community. my name is killian and i am also another community member ready to help you solve your problem

i understand you would like to turn off live photos, please follow this instructions:

How to turn off Live Photos

From the Camera app, tap the Live Photos button  to turn off Live Photos. A slash through the Live Photos button means that the feature is off.

The Camera app turns Live Photos on again automatically. To keep Live Photos off permanently, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Camera > Preserve Settings.
  3. Make sure that the switch next to Live Photo is turned on.

please let me know if you have further questions

thanks for contacting apple community support. it was a pleasure answering your questions and i hope you gain a resolution from my answer.

Kind Regards,

Killian

iphone difficulties

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.