Boot Camp problem.

My Computer is a MacBook Pro i9 with 36 G ram and a 500 G HD. (Mod 1990) OS is 13.4

I needed to put on Boot Camp to run 2 windows applications. I decided to use Boot Camp and

partition a 200 G drive for the Windows OS. And I did the following:

1. Downloaded Windows 10 ISO
  2. Initiated Boot Camp.
  3. Ran through the instructions set with partitioning of 200 Gig for the Windows Partition.
  4. Initiated iso download and installed windows. There was a brief hangup to get a PIN to enable me to log into the machine. Once that was cleared up, It installed windows with no Problem.
  5. I restarted the machine, Windows came up. PIN allowed me access. No Issue.
  6. Attempting to set Restart from the Boot Section of IOS. NO JOY.

6A. There is NO "Boot Camp" Icon in the tray on the right hand bottom of the display. So I cannot select from there.

6B. On A Cold Start, when I hold down the Option Key, the system shows a Padlock symbol, a Login Window, with no Name or identifier.

6C. When I enter the Machine Password, (Administrator password) it refuses that password. When I tried to enter any of the PIN information it refuses to validate that pin.

Ok. How do I get back into Mac OS?

Thank you for your help.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 12:16 PM

A padlock symbol with a password entry field indicates a Firmware password was set. The only way to clear that without knowing the password is to take your Mac to an Apple Store or Authorized Service Center with proof of ownership.

Similar questions

1 reply

Boot Camp problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.