Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad freezing when Apple Pencil 1st generation is plugged in

Title. This only started when I updated to IOS 16.5.1, but it’s rendered my hardly 3 month old Apple Pencil useless. It’s not a problem with my iPad, as my father’s 9th Gen is doing the exact same thing. Restarting did not help, either.

Example

Edit: It will no longer pair to my device, either.

iPad

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 12:10 PM

... and which exact version is your iPad? Is it also a 9th gen model, like your father's.

If it is, and his is also updated to iPadOS 16.5.1, then the update, as you suspect, may be the issue ... and should that be the case, I'm sorry, but I don't have this setup to verify your findings.

At this point, you can wait until someone else here does and confirms, one way or the other, if they have come across the same issue ... OR, you can contact Apple Support directly to see if they can assist you with this. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 12:10 PM in response to DrownedInDysphoria

... and which exact version is your iPad? Is it also a 9th gen model, like your father's.

If it is, and his is also updated to iPadOS 16.5.1, then the update, as you suspect, may be the issue ... and should that be the case, I'm sorry, but I don't have this setup to verify your findings.

At this point, you can wait until someone else here does and confirms, one way or the other, if they have come across the same issue ... OR, you can contact Apple Support directly to see if they can assist you with this. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

iPad freezing when Apple Pencil 1st generation is plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.