Calendar and privacy

I just made an appointment and went to add it to my calendar. Calendar knew the details and made a suggestion. The problem is all the info it suggested should have been unknown to the app. Apparently, calendar listens to conversations. That is unacceptable and makes me question what other apps are listening to private conversations and what is being done with my info. How do I turn this off?

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 12:39 PM

Calendar does not listen to conversations. But you probably got an email or text confirming the appointment, and the mail or message app suggested the appointment be added to the calendar.

10 replies

Jun 28, 2023 2:40 PM in response to Kitsap

Kitsap wrote:

I made no appointment nor did I input any info. I’ve only had an iPhone for 4 months so there were no previous appointments entered. It made the suggestion solely after a phone call. No email, no info whatsoever given to Apple.

I didn't say you made an appointment. I said you were notified. You may have missed it. It may have ended up in your spam folder or it's an iMessage you didn't see.

Or maybe you're right and there is a vast conspiracy that involves the Calendar application "listening" to you with no microphone indicator and then letting you know it's listenting by offering to set up an appointment. Anything is possible.

Calendar and privacy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.