Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

Apple email about photo stream is confusing.

I don’t have “photo stream” in my path as their instructions indicate: go to photos>> tap Albums>>tap photo stream.

However, I do have “photo stream” in my settings. That setting page opens but I am unable to see or save photos there. I also have iCloud as default now days on my iPhone. But what about before that time? Pretty sure everyone was photo streaming before iCloud. I’m an early adopter.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 7:46 PM

Hello fachapman,

According to the article Apple posted:

"If you already have iCloud Photos enabled on all of your devices, you don't need to do anything else — your photos already sync to iCloud. To check, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > your name > iCloud. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click your name, then click iCloud. Make sure that it says "On" next to Photos on each of your devices."

Just verify this setting is toggled on for all of your Apple devices and you should be all set🙂

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2023 7:46 PM in response to fachapman

Hello fachapman,

According to the article Apple posted:

"If you already have iCloud Photos enabled on all of your devices, you don't need to do anything else — your photos already sync to iCloud. To check, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > your name > iCloud. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click your name, then click iCloud. Make sure that it says "On" next to Photos on each of your devices."

Just verify this setting is toggled on for all of your Apple devices and you should be all set🙂

Apple email about photo stream is confusing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.