iMessages on my ipad

I use to get all my phone messages on my iPhone XR. Since the latest upgrade on my ipad my phone messages go to iMessage on my iPad. How do I disable iMessages from going to my iPad? I want them only on the phone like it use to be….

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 2:41 PM

Hello bbw4182,

It sounds like you have the messages disabled on the iPhone and forwarded from the iPhone to the iPad.

Tap on Settings  > Messages. Tap Send & Receive. Tap each entry you want to receive messages on the iPhone from.

Next, tap on Settings > Messages. Tap Text Message Forwarding. Disable any device here that you do not want to receive the text messages.

Have a good day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2023 2:41 PM in response to bbw4182

Hello bbw4182,

It sounds like you have the messages disabled on the iPhone and forwarded from the iPhone to the iPad.

Tap on Settings  > Messages. Tap Send & Receive. Tap each entry you want to receive messages on the iPhone from.

Next, tap on Settings > Messages. Tap Text Message Forwarding. Disable any device here that you do not want to receive the text messages.

Have a good day.

iMessages on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.