Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Time on iPhone lock screen faded

Clock on Lock Screen faded how can I make it bright? No of the previous answers were sited to my issie

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 4:39 AM

I pulled down the menu in the upper right hand corner pushed up the volume and brightness to maximum levels, turned my phone off then turned it back on-problem solved.

17 replies

Jun 27, 2023 4:33 PM in response to jackiefromsomerset

If the clock on your Lock Screen appears faded or dim, it may be due to the Low Power Mode being enabled on your iPhone. When Low Power Mode is active, some visual elements, including the Lock Screen clock, are dimmed to conserve battery life. To make the clock brighter on your Lock Screen, you can try the following steps:

1. Disable Low Power Mode: Swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen (or swipe up from the bottom on older iPhone models) to access Control Center. If the battery icon is yellow, it means Low Power Mode is enabled. Tap on the battery icon to disable it. Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Battery and toggle off Low Power Mode.
  2. Adjust Display & Brightness settings: Go to Settings on your iPhone and select "Display & Brightness." Ensure that the brightness level is set appropriately for your preference. You can adjust the slider or enable/disable Auto-Brightness as per your preference. Increasing the brightness can make the clock appear brighter on the Lock Screen.
  3. Check Reduce White Point setting: In the same "Display & Brightness" settings, there's an option called "Reduce White Point." If this setting is enabled, it reduces the intensity of bright colors on the screen. Ensure that Reduce White Point is disabled or adjust the intensity to make the clock brighter on the Lock Screen.
  4. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches that might affect the brightness of the clock or other elements on the Lock Screen. Press and hold the power button (or the power button and volume down button together) until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it to power off your device, then press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.

If none of these steps help, it's possible that there may be an underlying issue with your iPhone's software or display settings. In such cases, you may want to consider contacting Apple Support or visiting an authorized service provider for further assistance.

Sep 4, 2023 3:16 PM in response to jackiefromsomerset

The time on my Lock Screen faded and I tried everything suggested but nothing worked to fix it. Then I had the idea of pulling down from the top right corner where I control that sort of thing. I pulled down the brightness as much as possible, closed the screen. Went back up and pulled it down again and turned up the brightness and this time the clock numbers became white again.

Time on iPhone lock screen faded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.