Cellular Data usage

I need help! I just upgraded to an iPhone 14, and suddenly I am far exceeding my data limits. I have tried everything that I read online. I turned on low data mode, and turned off cellular assist, and turned cellular data off on a bunch of my apps. I have a strong wireless signal, but my phone keeps using cellular, and won’t even send a text with cell data off. Any advice would be appreciated.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2023 6:21 PM

Where are you located? In the US all carriers have gone to unlimited data plans. You will have to turn off cellular data entirely, look at the list of apps in Settings/Cellular and it will tell you how much data each app has used since the last Reset Statistics.

5 replies

Jun 27, 2023 6:22 PM in response to PJGraves56

PJGraves56 Said:

"Cellular Data usage: I need help! I just upgraded to an iPhone 14, and suddenly I am far exceeding my data limits. I have tried everything that I read online."

-------

Troubleshooting Excessive Cellular Data:

Go into Settings, and then disable Cellular, and I would expect no Cellular Data to be consumed. If you are having issues, then contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the services of Cellular. I am thinking it is an misconfiguration in the SIM card.

Cellular Data usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.