I would like to add memory to my MacBook Air... is that possible?

?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 9:27 AM

No, but why do you ask?

It's very easy to determine if your Mac's performance is being limited by available memory. Please read Check if your Mac needs more RAM in Activity Monitor - Apple Support. If the "Memory Pressure" graph is frequently "red" your Mac would benefit from additional memory. If not, it won't. It's that simple.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2023 9:27 AM in response to LAWilliams82

No, but why do you ask?

It's very easy to determine if your Mac's performance is being limited by available memory. Please read Check if your Mac needs more RAM in Activity Monitor - Apple Support. If the "Memory Pressure" graph is frequently "red" your Mac would benefit from additional memory. If not, it won't. It's that simple.

Jun 28, 2023 10:03 AM in response to LAWilliams82

LAWilliams82 wrote:

Thank you.

I am trying to add the Microsoft Office Suite but there is no room. I've eliminated all documents and I thought I moved all pictures to the cloud but somehow, it still will not download. I'll make a Genius appointment. I might be missing something. The fan has been running quite a bit lately so maybe the laptop has another issue.

Check if anything in this article will help you free up storage: Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Jun 28, 2023 9:32 AM in response to John Galt

Thank you.

I am trying to add the Microsoft Office Suite but there is no room. I've eliminated all documents and I thought I moved all pictures to the cloud but somehow, it still will not download. I'll make a Genius appointment. I might be missing something. The fan has been running quite a bit lately so maybe the laptop has another issue.

I would like to add memory to my MacBook Air... is that possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.