How do I know if I use my photo stream

How do I know if I use my photo stream.

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 12:11 PM

If you see an album titled "My Photo Stream" in the Photos app on a Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Windows PC or on iCloud.com you might be using My Photo Stream.

You can also verify Settings ➜ Photos on iPhone or iPad, Photos ➜ Settings ➜ iCloud ➜ My Photo Stream on a Mac, and see if you have the My Photo Stream switch there turned on. If you don't see the switch or its turned off, then you aren't using My Photo Stream.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2023 12:11 PM in response to benedictlake

If you see an album titled "My Photo Stream" in the Photos app on a Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Windows PC or on iCloud.com you might be using My Photo Stream.

You can also verify Settings ➜ Photos on iPhone or iPad, Photos ➜ Settings ➜ iCloud ➜ My Photo Stream on a Mac, and see if you have the My Photo Stream switch there turned on. If you don't see the switch or its turned off, then you aren't using My Photo Stream.

Jul 17, 2023 5:28 PM in response to jeannot224

It has nothing to do with the model of iPhone.

Try this. Go to Settings>Photos. Do you see My Photo Stream in the options? If not, you don’t have it and have nothing to worry about.

If you see the option and it is not turned on, you have not been using it and you don’t have to worry about it.

Jul 17, 2023 6:40 PM in response to jeannot224

jeannot224 wrote:

Information provided isn’t clear. I do not see ‘My Photo Stream” Does this information applies to older phone, newer phone or any phone? It would be nice to specify to which iPhone it applies and how to proceed for other iPhone users.

What exactly isn’t clear?

Model of iPhone is not relevant, hence why it’s not mentioned. The option in Settings and the Album are there regardless of model. If you don’t see either item in the locations described, or the option is turned off, then you are not using Photo stream.

How do I know if I use my photo stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.