Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Optimized battery charging does not work

Hello, I have iPhone 12 mini for 3 months now, and optimize battery this option is not working for me, I have also updated to iOS16.5.1 and nothing, And I have turned on Optimize battery charging and turned on location services as per Apple's instructions and that doesn't work either. I charge according to the charging routine like charging at 12.30 at night and disconnecting the charging at 7.00 in the morning, Also why optimize charging is not working on my phone, Another habit I have is running the phone while charging Does this practice affect the optimized battery due to which the optimized battery is not working?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 1:24 PM

Hello,

If Optimized Battery Charging is working correctly, you won't see it. Based on your normal schedule, it will charge to 80% and then suspend charging until just before your normal time to get up. See this:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

Note: using the phone while charging should not affect it unless you are using it during the 80% period.

Good luck.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2023 1:24 PM in response to ishan234

Hello,

If Optimized Battery Charging is working correctly, you won't see it. Based on your normal schedule, it will charge to 80% and then suspend charging until just before your normal time to get up. See this:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

Note: using the phone while charging should not affect it unless you are using it during the 80% period.

Good luck.

Jul 27, 2023 12:45 PM in response to ishan234

it is not working on my iPhone or MacBook, it used to be fine on Big Sur on the mac

It seems to be related to location services registering wrong "significant locations", I had around 22 significant locations which makes little sense since my system is either at home or work so there's no sense in this registering more than 3 significant places. I suspect this is the issue most people are having. I cleared the cache and will see if in a month the optimized charging works well again

Optimized battery charging does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.