iPhone keeps connecting and disconnecting rapidly when trying to plug in with USB.

iPhone keeps connecting and disconnecting rapidly when trying to plug in with USB. I’ve tried different cables and outlets and same problem. Other devices plug into my USB fine and don’t have this problem. Please help I am going nuts!

It's a 2015 MacBook air -- all software up to date.

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 9:10 AM

If other devices have no issue with your MacBook Air's USB port, this would point me to your iPhone as the problem.

I think the first thing I'd check is whether or not you have lint or "stuff" in your iPhone's Lightning port. I had a similar issue with my iPhone connecting to AirPlay in my car, and the culprit turned out to be lint clogging up the Lightning port

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 9:10 AM in response to sarah361218

If other devices have no issue with your MacBook Air's USB port, this would point me to your iPhone as the problem.

I think the first thing I'd check is whether or not you have lint or "stuff" in your iPhone's Lightning port. I had a similar issue with my iPhone connecting to AirPlay in my car, and the culprit turned out to be lint clogging up the Lightning port

iPhone keeps connecting and disconnecting rapidly when trying to plug in with USB.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.