FaceTime video effects

Why won't my Mac OS 13.4.1 support FaceTime video effects? I want to blur the background of my room while using FaceTime but my control panel does not show the video effects option.

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 3:26 PM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2023 10:27 AM in response to cmmilner

Hi cmmilner,

You indicated that you meet the prerequisite for macOS version, but how about the processor requirement mentioned in your highlight? When clicking that "Apple silicon" link on the support article the following is offered:

"Apple silicon

A system on a chip (SoC) designed by Apple that integrates multiple computer components onto a single chip for use in Apple hardware.

To see if your Mac has an Apple silicon chip, choose Apple menu  > About This Mac. If a chip is listed—for example, Chip Apple M1—then your Mac has an Apple silicon chip.

See the Apple Support article Mac computers with Apple silicon."

If you do not have both components (macOS 12 and later and a Mac with an Apple silicon chip, that feature will not be available. As your profile indicates you may be using an iMac, only the 2021 and later models of iMac will offer the required processor.

Regards.

FaceTime video effects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.