Unable to sign-in in the AppleTv+ app in Roku

I cannot sign in in the the AppleTV+ app in my Roku TV. It only says that "There were errors singing you in. Wait a a moment, then try again." But this has been happening for a few days now! Anyone having the same problem? How didi you solve it?

Thank you!

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 7:32 AM

Another user (mygreensocks) suggested this procedure from Roku Support staff, which reportedly helped several users.

1. Remove the Apple TV app,
2. Shut off and unplug the TV (or streaming device),
3. Wait 30 seconds,
4. Plug the TV (or streaming device) back in,
5. Reload the Apple TV app.

Else try the Network Connection Reset, as mentioned by user Jarieta.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2023 7:32 AM in response to Fernando GonGon

Another user (mygreensocks) suggested this procedure from Roku Support staff, which reportedly helped several users.

1. Remove the Apple TV app,
2. Shut off and unplug the TV (or streaming device),
3. Wait 30 seconds,
4. Plug the TV (or streaming device) back in,
5. Reload the Apple TV app.

Else try the Network Connection Reset, as mentioned by user Jarieta.

Oct 2, 2023 11:18 AM in response to Fernando GonGon

Have this issue on my RokuTV Plus model G853 running OS 12.5.0 build 4167 and AppleTV app 13.5 build 56. AppleTV app does not give an Activation Code on this OS like it did and still does on earlier Roku OS versions, so you can not activate the AppleTV app via code. If you try to log in with your email and password the AppleTV app fails and just spits out error codes. Roku support says it is an Apple support issue. AppleTV support says it is a Roku support issue. So the only ?support? I've got from Roku and/or AppleTV is finger-pointing at the other. No attempt by either company to work with the other for the benefit of their customers. Customers just left stuck in the middle with no solution.

Unable to sign-in in the AppleTv+ app in Roku

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.