Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

App sounds

I have an iPhone SE. I am having trouble wit getting sounds from apps. I open an app but no sound, I turn phone off and then back on again and I have sound. Next time I go to use same app again I need to turn phone off and then on. This is really frustrating and I have tried everything I have seen online.

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2023 6:41 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with the sound on your iPhone SE. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to address the issue:

1. Check the volume settings: Make sure the volume on your iPhone SE is turned up and not muted. You can do this by using the volume buttons on the side of your device or by going to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and adjusting the volume slider.

2. Toggle the ringer switch: On the side of your iPhone SE, there is a physical switch called the ringer switch. Make sure it is not switched to the silent mode (muted). If it is, toggle the switch to the non-silent position.

3. Check in-app sound settings: Some apps have their own sound settings that may override your device's general settings. Open the specific app that is experiencing sound issues and look for sound or audio settings within the app itself. Ensure that the sound settings are enabled and appropriately adjusted.

4. Update your apps and iOS: Outdated apps or an outdated iOS version can sometimes cause compatibility issues, including sound problems. Check the App Store for any available updates for the problematic app(s) and ensure your iPhone SE is running the latest iOS version. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for iOS updates.

5. Reset all settings: If the issue persists, you can try resetting all settings on your iPhone SE. This will not erase your data, but it will revert your settings to their default state. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Note that you will need to reconfigure your preferences after performing this reset.

6. Restore your iPhone: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you can try restoring your iPhone SE. Backup your data using iCloud or iTunes, then go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. After the erase is complete, set up your iPhone as new or restore from the backup you created.

If the problem persists after following these steps, it's advisable to contact Apple Support or visit an authorized Apple service center for further assistance. They will be able to provide more specific guidance based on your device and troubleshoot the issue in-depth.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2023 6:41 PM in response to Maur1950

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with the sound on your iPhone SE. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to address the issue:

1. Check the volume settings: Make sure the volume on your iPhone SE is turned up and not muted. You can do this by using the volume buttons on the side of your device or by going to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and adjusting the volume slider.

2. Toggle the ringer switch: On the side of your iPhone SE, there is a physical switch called the ringer switch. Make sure it is not switched to the silent mode (muted). If it is, toggle the switch to the non-silent position.

3. Check in-app sound settings: Some apps have their own sound settings that may override your device's general settings. Open the specific app that is experiencing sound issues and look for sound or audio settings within the app itself. Ensure that the sound settings are enabled and appropriately adjusted.

4. Update your apps and iOS: Outdated apps or an outdated iOS version can sometimes cause compatibility issues, including sound problems. Check the App Store for any available updates for the problematic app(s) and ensure your iPhone SE is running the latest iOS version. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for iOS updates.

5. Reset all settings: If the issue persists, you can try resetting all settings on your iPhone SE. This will not erase your data, but it will revert your settings to their default state. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Note that you will need to reconfigure your preferences after performing this reset.

6. Restore your iPhone: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you can try restoring your iPhone SE. Backup your data using iCloud or iTunes, then go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. After the erase is complete, set up your iPhone as new or restore from the backup you created.

If the problem persists after following these steps, it's advisable to contact Apple Support or visit an authorized Apple service center for further assistance. They will be able to provide more specific guidance based on your device and troubleshoot the issue in-depth.

App sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.