Can't log into Apple ID on Intel MacBook after transfer

I recently transfered my M1 MacBook Pro to an Intel MacBook Pro. Everything works as expected. The only issue that I have is I can't log into my Apple ID on the Intel MacBook. When I try to do it, it asks me for a confirmation code on other devices but then nothing happens, I am just turned back to log in screen. It then continue to show as being logged in if I look into my Apple account on other devices, but not on the Intel MacBook. So far I tried:

• multiple restars
  • create a different administrator account on the same MacBook and log in there with the same Apple ID -- it works
  • log out of the M1 MacBook Pro and log into the new one
  • removing keychain files
  • reinstall OS

I'm running out of options. This is clearly a bug. Anyone has any insights into how to solve it?

MacOS Version: Ventura 13.4.1 (22F82)

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 2:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 7:37 AM

florinzf wrote:

• I recently transfered my M1 MacBook Pro to an Intel MacBook Pro. Everything works as expected. The only issue that I have is I can't log into my Apple ID on the Intel MacBook. When I try to do it, it asks me for a confirmation code on other devices but then nothing happens, I am just turned back to log in screen. It then continue to show as being logged in if I look into my Apple account on other devices, but not on the Intel MacBook. So far I tried:
multiple restars
• create a different administrator account on the same MacBook and log in there with the same Apple ID -- it works
• reinstall OS

I'm running out of options. This is clearly a bug. Anyone has any insights into how to solve it?

Thanks!

If you've set up your Apple ID and need help signing in to or using iCloud,

Ref:

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

Still no luck—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 7:37 AM in response to florinzf

florinzf wrote:

• I recently transfered my M1 MacBook Pro to an Intel MacBook Pro. Everything works as expected. The only issue that I have is I can't log into my Apple ID on the Intel MacBook. When I try to do it, it asks me for a confirmation code on other devices but then nothing happens, I am just turned back to log in screen. It then continue to show as being logged in if I look into my Apple account on other devices, but not on the Intel MacBook. So far I tried:
multiple restars
• reinstall OS

Thanks!

If you've set up your Apple ID and need help signing in to or using iCloud,

Ref:

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

Still no luck—

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Can't log into Apple ID on Intel MacBook after transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.