Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can Adobe CS6 Standard install on Apple M1 Max MacBook Pro?

I have Adobe CS6 Standard with CD but can't install on my latest MacBook Pro M1 Max.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 6:51 AM

No, Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6) is not compatible with Apple Silicon-based Macs, including the M1 Max MacBook Pro. CS6 was released before Apple transitioned to its custom ARM-based processors. CS6 was designed to run on Intel-based Macs, which used a different architecture.

Adobe has since moved to a subscription-based model with Adobe Creative Cloud, which offers more recent versions of their applications that are compatible with Apple Silicon. If you're looking to use Adobe software on your M1 Max MacBook Pro, you will need to consider subscribing to Adobe Creative Cloud and installing the latest versions of the Adobe apps that are compatible with Apple Silicon. These versions have been optimized to work efficiently on the new architecture.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 6:51 AM in response to kin hoong

No, Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6) is not compatible with Apple Silicon-based Macs, including the M1 Max MacBook Pro. CS6 was released before Apple transitioned to its custom ARM-based processors. CS6 was designed to run on Intel-based Macs, which used a different architecture.

Adobe has since moved to a subscription-based model with Adobe Creative Cloud, which offers more recent versions of their applications that are compatible with Apple Silicon. If you're looking to use Adobe software on your M1 Max MacBook Pro, you will need to consider subscribing to Adobe Creative Cloud and installing the latest versions of the Adobe apps that are compatible with Apple Silicon. These versions have been optimized to work efficiently on the new architecture.

Jul 24, 2023 6:14 PM in response to MyMacComputr

I have the MacBook Pro M2 chip and it won't even let me download adobe creative cloud with any versions on my computer. This is very frustrating as the entire reason for buying the newer Mac was to edit photos and videos etc. on my creative cloud subscription, which worked just fine on my old Mac unit the upgrade to Ventura. Are there any workarounds to using downloading or working on adobe on the new Mac?

Can Adobe CS6 Standard install on Apple M1 Max MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.