You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t turn off the “iPhone left behind” notification on my watch. I select notifications off, leave that screen go back and it’s reselected allow notifications.

Why?

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 11:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 11:06 AM

If you're experiencing difficulty turning off the "iPhone left behind" notification on your Apple Watch, try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Ensure both devices are up to date: Make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are running the latest versions of their respective operating systems. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues. Update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest available software versions.

2. Restart both devices: Restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch can help resolve temporary software glitches. On your iPhone, press and hold the power button until you see the "Slide to power off" option. Slide it to power off the device, and then press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears. On your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until the Power Off slider appears. Slide it to power off the watch, and then press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears.

3. Reset sync data between iPhone and Apple Watch: If the notification settings are not syncing correctly between your iPhone and Apple Watch, you can try resetting the sync data. On your iPhone, open the Watch app, go to the "My Watch" tab, tap on your watch at the top of the screen, and then tap on the "i" icon next to your watch name. Select "Unpair Apple Watch" and confirm the unpairing process. Afterward, you can pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again and see if the issue persists.

4. Check iPhone settings: On your iPhone, go to the Settings app, tap on your Apple ID at the top, select "Find My," then "Find My iPhone." Make sure that the "Enable Offline Finding" option is turned off. This setting can sometimes interfere with the "iPhone left behind" notification on your Apple Watch.

5. Reset Apple Watch settings: If the issue persists, you can try resetting the settings on your Apple Watch. On your Apple Watch, go to the Settings app, tap on "General," then select "Reset." Choose "Reset All Settings" and confirm the action. Note that this will reset all settings on your Apple Watch but will not erase your data or content.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 29, 2023 11:06 AM in response to Appleisunnecessarilydifficult

If you're experiencing difficulty turning off the "iPhone left behind" notification on your Apple Watch, try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Ensure both devices are up to date: Make sure your iPhone and Apple Watch are running the latest versions of their respective operating systems. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues. Update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest available software versions.

2. Restart both devices: Restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch can help resolve temporary software glitches. On your iPhone, press and hold the power button until you see the "Slide to power off" option. Slide it to power off the device, and then press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears. On your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until the Power Off slider appears. Slide it to power off the watch, and then press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears.

3. Reset sync data between iPhone and Apple Watch: If the notification settings are not syncing correctly between your iPhone and Apple Watch, you can try resetting the sync data. On your iPhone, open the Watch app, go to the "My Watch" tab, tap on your watch at the top of the screen, and then tap on the "i" icon next to your watch name. Select "Unpair Apple Watch" and confirm the unpairing process. Afterward, you can pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again and see if the issue persists.

4. Check iPhone settings: On your iPhone, go to the Settings app, tap on your Apple ID at the top, select "Find My," then "Find My iPhone." Make sure that the "Enable Offline Finding" option is turned off. This setting can sometimes interfere with the "iPhone left behind" notification on your Apple Watch.

5. Reset Apple Watch settings: If the issue persists, you can try resetting the settings on your Apple Watch. On your Apple Watch, go to the Settings app, tap on "General," then select "Reset." Choose "Reset All Settings" and confirm the action. Note that this will reset all settings on your Apple Watch but will not erase your data or content.

I can’t turn off the “iPhone left behind” notification on my watch. I select notifications off, leave that screen go back and it’s reselected allow notifications.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.