Finding lost watch

find me was never set up on my Apple Watch s8 and I lost it and it’s dead . Is there a way to still make it make a noise or send a ping for location ?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 12:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your lost Apple Watch. If Find My was never set up on your Apple Watch Series 8 and it is currently dead, there may not be a direct way to make it play a sound or ping for location. However, you can still try a few things:

1. **Check iCloud**: Sign in to your iCloud account on a computer or another Apple device and go to the Find My website (https://www.icloud.com/find). Check if your Apple Watch appears in the list of devices. If it does, you might be able to see its last known location if it was connected to your iPhone before it lost power.

2. **Retrace your steps**: Try to recall the places you visited while wearing the Apple Watch. If you remember any specific locations, revisit them and see if you can locate your watch manually.

3. **Report to local authorities**: If you believe your Apple Watch was stolen or lost in a public place, you can consider filing a report with your local law enforcement agency. Provide them with any relevant information, including the serial number of your Apple Watch if you have it.

It's also important to note that the features available for lost Apple Watches can vary depending on the watch model, iOS version, and settings. For future reference, it's highly recommended to set up Find My on all your Apple devices, including the Apple Watch. This way, you can easily track and locate them if they ever go missing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 12:09 PM in response to Dhoward863

I'm sorry to hear about your lost Apple Watch. If Find My was never set up on your Apple Watch Series 8 and it is currently dead, there may not be a direct way to make it play a sound or ping for location. However, you can still try a few things:

1. **Check iCloud**: Sign in to your iCloud account on a computer or another Apple device and go to the Find My website (https://www.icloud.com/find). Check if your Apple Watch appears in the list of devices. If it does, you might be able to see its last known location if it was connected to your iPhone before it lost power.

2. **Retrace your steps**: Try to recall the places you visited while wearing the Apple Watch. If you remember any specific locations, revisit them and see if you can locate your watch manually.

3. **Report to local authorities**: If you believe your Apple Watch was stolen or lost in a public place, you can consider filing a report with your local law enforcement agency. Provide them with any relevant information, including the serial number of your Apple Watch if you have it.

It's also important to note that the features available for lost Apple Watches can vary depending on the watch model, iOS version, and settings. For future reference, it's highly recommended to set up Find My on all your Apple devices, including the Apple Watch. This way, you can easily track and locate them if they ever go missing.

Finding lost watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.